November 20

Grateful and Thankful Especially on Thanksgiving

turkey 2

What are you GRATEFUL for?

We can take it for granted a lot of things in our amazing world.

Even when we have “bad” days…there are hundreds of things to be grateful of πŸ™‚

1-List what YOU are GRATEFUL of

and…

How about that Thanksgiving Meal?

2-What is your favorite part of your Thanksgiving meal? (healthy or not!)

BTW…Did you know that saying “thank you” can make for a happier and healthier YOU??!

Tags:

Posted November 20, 2013 by pefairy in category Family Journal

51 thoughts on “Grateful and Thankful Especially on Thanksgiving

1. coachtooker

1. Whenever I catch myself getting grumpy or having a bad day, I stop and write down 3 things I’m grateful for. Working at Pashley with the awesome students and Mrs. Ferrie – is always on my list, of course.
    2. I like to make a parfait out of my cranberry sauce, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. I pile it up and drizzle gravy all over it.

2. Olivia T

1. I am grateful for my family and everything I have (including my awesome PE teacher!)
    2. I love my moms mashed potatoes and my aunts pumpkin pie.

3. pefairy (Post author)

Olivia…You are the first to respond (other than Mr. Tooker)!! Thanks for answering so quick!!

1-I am grateful for my PARENTS, my family and friends, my amazing career(wouldn’t want to do anything else :-))AND…my golden retriever, Sunshine!!

2-I love pumpkin anything….especially PIE! With whip cream!!I also HAVE to have Apple Cider πŸ™‚ at dinner.

4. Marissa C

1 i am gratful for my home parents toys pets family and school.
    2 my favorite part of thanksgiving dinner is apple pie mashed potatoes and ice cream.

5. Julia E

i am thankful eor people that support me and love hope and my body and what it can do. Right now the person who supports me is a good hearted PE teacher who saw the beauty inside me . Thankyou mrs.ferrie :>

6. Mrs. Bonacio

I am grateful for my family, my awesome staff, and to be working with all of the Pashley children/families. I am really grateful for my amazing office staff!!!

My favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner is being with my family.

7. Mrs. Harrison

I am grateful for my family, the Pashley staff, and the SMARTIES past and present, that fill my bucket every day! Once a Smartie, always a Smartie! πŸ™‚

My favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner is spending time with my family with a nice fire roaring in the fireplace.

8. Mrs. Hyland

I love being with my family. It is nice to have the time to just sit and enjoy each other. I also love seeing our aunts, uncles, and cousins.

My favorite part of the meal is the stuffing!

9. Mrs. Safford

Everyday, I am grateful for my awesome family & friends, the Pashley staff I work with and all the wonderful children at Pashley.
    My favorite part of Thanksgiving is before we start our meal, each person tells us what he or she is grateful for. It is a very special moment of the year of me.

10. Mrs. Fernau

I am grateful for my awesome husband and his support for everything positive.

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is the mashed potatoes!! Yum Yum!

11. Mr. Abdoo

It is always hard on children when they have to move to a new house in a new community and leave all of their friends behind. I am thankful that my children have been so warmly accepted here at BHBL by their teachers, all of the support staff that work at their school and the new friends they have made.

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is having all of my family with me.

I am looking forward to eating a sweet potato for Thanksgiving!

12. Mrs. T. Clark

I am Thankful for my family , friends, my job at Pashley and all of the kids here! I am grateful to all of my friends here!

13. Mrs. Kamppila

I am grateful for my family. I love Thanksgiving because I spend it with my whole family. I get to visit with all my sisters and brother and all the nieces and nephews and my parents!! My favorite food on Thanksgiving is mashed potatoes LOADED with gravy! Yumm-o!!!!

14. Mrs. Pangburn

I’m thankful for my good health, and the good health of my family and my Pashley family.

My favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner is the mashed pototoes and gravy – perfect food!

15. Mrs. Malinowski

I’m grateful everyday for being blessed with a loving family, awesome friends, and a job I love.

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is getting my entire family together to eat a great meal and enjoy the company of one another. I also love to pour gravy all over my entire meal!!! =]

16. Mrs. White

I’m grateful for having family that lives close by, a mother who loves to cook for all of us, and smiling children to watch enjoy the day with their loved ones.

My favorite food is the mashed potatoes!!!!! Mmmmm!

17. pefairy (Post author)

Hi Amelia!!It is estimated that 40 million GREEN BEAN CASSEROLES will be served on Thanksgiving Day!!

That is a LOT of green beans. I love that casserole too πŸ™‚ Do you make the kind with the fried onions on top??

18. pefairy (Post author)

Mrs. Pangburn…We are all blessed with good health at Pashley. We are all grateful for that.
    We are grateful for all that you do for the students and staff at Pashley!!

19. pefairy (Post author)

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Lots of family time, lots of eating :-). Bring on the turkey!

20. Prudence

I am so happy that we have a holiday to be grateful for everything. I am thankful for my family,friends and school.

21. pefairy (Post author)

Mr. Abdoo, We are so glad you and your family are settled in and adjusting so well πŸ™‚ BHBL is a very special place to live and work.
    BTW, do you put marshmallows on your sweet potato?

22. Mrs. Civiok

I am grateful for the people in my life that care about me and for all those I care about. So thankful for my health, but most of all I am grateful for all the possibilities that exist in life!!!

23. Mrs.McDonald

I am greatful for my family especially my two girls who make me laugh. I am also greatful for the wonderful staff and students at Pashley that make coming to work fun!
    My favorite part of Thanksgiving is the leftovers so we can all relax the next day and not have to cook!

24. pefairy (Post author)

I agree…leftovers!! With all the time and effort to prepare the meal, I enjoy not figuring out what to eat for a few days.
    I make a yummy turkey and wild rice soup!

25. Mrs. Benson

I am so grateful for my family who is healthy, happy, and together. They are the greatest blessings in my life! I am thankful for them on Thanksgiving, as well as the other 364 days of the year πŸ™‚
    On Thanksgiving, I look forward to my mom’s sweet cornbread and her stuffing, which is my favorite. Yum!

26. pefairy (Post author)

Awww, have a wonderful Thanksgiving Mrs. Benson! Enjoy your Mom’s corn bread and stuffing!!

27. Allie P

I am grateful for my family and my favorite part of the Thanksgiving is my nanas beets and mashed potatoes!!

28. Lauren T

I am thankful for what my family does for me for thanksgiving.my favorite thing that my mom makes for thanksgiving is sweet potato and stuffing and apple pie,strawberry shortcake,that is what I am thankful of my family.

29. Mrs. Neary

I am grateful for my wonderful family, amazing friends, and our awesome Pashley Family made up of super students and staff! My favorite part of our Thanksgiving dinner is making a mashed potato volcano filled with gravy! Yumm!!

30. Mrs. S Clark

I am so grateful to be able to work and laugh everyday along with my sister (Mrs. Kamppila) and am so thankful that I can be a part of the great Pashley Family!

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is making an awesome mashed potato volcano that I can fill with yummy gravy and erupt it all over my plate!!

31. Ms. Cotrupi

I am grateful for all the special people in my life and the love and kindness they give to me and to others. Acts of kindness change the world for the better.

My favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal is the squash. lol…. I know, it sounds goofy, but my mother makes it so tasty.

32. pefairy (Post author)

OK…looks like the Ferrie House will attempt to make mashed potato volcano’s this Thanksgiving.
    I guess I am always so busy eating, I do not take time to be creative with the food on my plate πŸ™‚

33. pefairy (Post author)

Every year, I place small paper cut outs of turkey’s at each place setting. Everyone is asked to write down something they are thankful for.
    Pashley is always on my list. Amazing staff, and students to teach.

My beautiful children, and awesome husband too πŸ™‚

Yup…AND my dog Sunshine makes the list!!

34. mrs raeder

1. I am grateful for my family, friends, health, and all our respectful students at Pashley!

2. I LOVE the STUFFING!!!! YUMMY!!! πŸ™‚

35. Mrs. Miakisz

I am thankful for Pashley Elementary School. I am so lucky to be a part of this wonderful community! I am also very thankful for my class. They are all amazing first graders! Finally, I am thankful for Mrs. Ferrie and her very cool blog!

Happy Thanksgiving!

36. Mr. McGrath

1. I am thankful for the chance to work in such a great place! BH-BL is filled with kind, caring, talented teachers and awesome kids.

2. I love the whole meal, but especially mixing cranberry sauce, turkey, and stuffing together!

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

37. Mrs. Symer

I am thankful for health, family, and friends.

Our Thanksgiving meal was delicious and my favorite is the stuffing and dessert–chocolate pudding pie πŸ™‚

Hoping everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving!

38. Mr. Prendergast

I was grateful for being able to student teach at the best elementary school!!
    and the best part of dinner is obviously homemade stuffing