September 7

Choosing a Leader For Your Team

BH-BL Fall Sports are starting off strong!

Today we selected team captains…Congratulations Caroline B.and Carly “Sunny” !!!!!!

Why types of characteristics do you and your team look for when selecting a captain? 

Posted September 7, 2012 by pefairy in category Sports, Sportsmanship

24 thoughts on “Choosing a Leader For Your Team

1. pefairy (Post author)

Thanks for getting to the blog. OK….now you guys have to answer the question!
    What makes a great captain?!!

2. pefairy (Post author)

I remember my high school captain. She was great at not getting all emotional during games. She got us to focus on what we could do…rather than freak out about any possible outcome. She also lead by example, she never said, no to the coach. She was 110% at all practices and games too.

3. pefairy (Post author)

Ok Ladies….I just got back from my 3mile run. I crushed it! Want to know why?
    I am still upset at MY mile time yesterday. If something doesn’t go as planned…find ways to make it better. I WILL have a better time, next mile run we have!

4. Carly Sunny

Thank you team for selecting me and caroline team captains!! A great captain is someone who is encouraging and can help the team do what ever they need to do!

5. monica m

Congratulations Caroline B and Sunny!!!! You will make great captins!!
    I love field hockey!!!!!!!!! This year is going to be great!!!!!!

6. alex s

What makes a good captain is that you will never let the team down, you are going to be that person yelling on the yield to help girls out and you cheer the team on:)

7. Abbie m

For modified in Scotia we get our captins on Monday and we might be scrimmaging Saratoga but any way congrats caroline b and Carly sunny

8. pefairy (Post author)

Hi Abbie!! Good Luck with your season! I wish we could scrimmage your team. Grace finds out Monday, if she makes the Saratoga team. Maybe you will be playing her….fun!! Are you playing attack? I hope so 🙂 take care and S C O R E!!!!

9. pefairy (Post author)

Tessa,
    Thanks again for sticking around after practice on Friday. You were a great teammate to our goalie Jenny! See you at practice on Monday.

10. Caroline

Im really proud of you girls! You guys are doing great and I’m SO lucky to be on this team this year

11. pefairy (Post author)

A big shout out to Sunny and Caroline! Your actions on and off the field make you both great leaders for our team! This will be another fun year on the field!!!
    Coach Ferrie 🙂

12. andrea

congratulations Caraoline and carly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you guys are going to make great captins! I think that to be a great captin you have to be smart, and be able to push people to do thier best. Also you have be able to help them if they are having a hard time with something.

13. Danielle

COngrats Carly and Caroline!!!! you’ll both make great captains for the team!! this’ll be a great year and i cant wait!

i think to be a good leader you need to know what your doing, and you need to be able to push people to be their best. Also you cant be shy and you have to able to go out of your comfort zone and always be able to cheer on your teammates.

14. Abbie m

Im playing right or left wing as a forward. Did grace make the team? I am one of our team captains yeah and I hope I scrimmage grace!

15. pefairy (Post author)

Hey Abbie…congratulations on being selected as a team captain! Not surprised 🙂
    You are that shinning star at Scotia!
    Grace still hasn’t found out yet. I think they will be making two teams…A&B. she just wants to get a chance to “beat” her Mom!!! PS Stay on that post, and keep your stick low in front of the goal….SCORE lots!!