September 28

SUGARY DRINKS…and their size

New York City Board of Health approved a ban on the sale of large sodas and other sugary drinks at restaurants, street carts and movie theaters.  It is the first restriction of its kind in the country.

What do you think? Do you agree with this new size restriction??

Tags:

Posted September 28, 2012 by pefairy in category Uncategorized

13 thoughts on “SUGARY DRINKS…and their size

1. Julia Ettkin

I think they should do that ban. Because their bad for you and I really do not like sugary drinks in the first place and they are WAY to big

2. pefairy (Post author)

I agree as well. I try to limit sugary drinks.
    In any case, the size is just too big. I am all for sweet treats, but not that big!
    Some people may think they are getting more for their money, with the large size, but the end result is that it is WAY too much sugar.
    Did you see the sugar cube count for them, in front?!!

3. reeghan

I dont like sugary drinks because they could make you sick and make you fat and your teeth turn yellow .I think they should do the ban.

4. James

I think they did a good job with banning the drinks. I don’t know how a person could drink such a thing. It is unhealthy to be fat. I don’t know how Santa can handle it.

5. pefairy (Post author)

I don’t know how anyone could drink that much too! I would feel very full and uncomfortable. Santa gets healthy treats when he visits our house. We worry about his weight too!
    Ps great job on the 5 dot drill today!

6. reeghan

I know that Santa will be skiny by January.My mom is going to take me to the doctors for my knee.I twisted and pulled my hamstring .I guss I will be joing you and Laruan and Miss.Cskanay Thank you bye see you tommorrow.

7. Julia Ettkin

AHHHHHHHHH! I am FREAKING OUT! For the mile lap. I like football so far. I am really good at thouring the football. But I am awful at catching. Hope you feel better Reeghan.

8. carly

I Cant even imagine drinking a soda that big it would be like eating a bag of sugar, gross! I think it is a good call by the board of health it will definitly reduce many dangerous health risks.

9. Boston

I like and dislike the ban because it is a healthy reduction but it’s almost like we’re getting controlled to what we eat. If someone wants to be unhealthy, they can be unhealthy

10. pefairy (Post author)

I like the idea. Sometimes we need reminders on what makes sense, not what is a good deal$$. We tend to over size everything.