September 19

Words or Phrases that MOTIVATE You!!

It’s GAME TIME… are you mentally and physically ready??

What word or phrase gets you motivated to play your best??

Posted September 19, 2011 by pefairy in category Sports

20 thoughts on “Words or Phrases that MOTIVATE You!!

1. pefairy (Post author)

Hi Carly,
    For me, I like the NIKE saying “just do it”. Sometimes as athletes we can over think situations or skills.
    Just do it, reminds me to just get it done.

How about for today’s game…CRUSH the ball, so we remember to have great drives?!

2. Amanda D

What motivates me is thinking I have to get this job done or I’m going to let down the team. I think WE WILL PROTECT THIS HOUSE…Underarmor and that is exactly what I think on the field!

3. carly

Motivation is what gets you started so i like to think of GETTING LOW and getting to the ball first I also like the nike saying just do it because the only person from telling you “you cant” is you and you dont have to listen

4. pefairy (Post author)

Here are a few more of my favorites…
    “if you believe, it can happen”

” the time is now, the person is YOU”

5. pefairy (Post author)

To my awesome field hockey team….

Our mission is to score!

Lift and B!

Don’t over think, just make it happen.

Guilderland on Monday…any questions 🙂
    Have fun at Vera’s on Saturday…practice Sunday

6. MoLlY G.

I have a word that motivates me , I write it on my shoes and my wrist I have a bracelet that that says it ect.My word is “FEARLESS” This word is really important to me because in my mind it means that you can do anything you set your mind to:-) And helps me though things that I don’t think I can do !!:-)

7. pefairy (Post author)

This morning it was raining out, and my I- shuffle wasn’t charged up.
    I needed to get my run in, so I said to myself, ” just do it”.
    No music and I was soaked as I left my front door, BUT I got my workout in.

8. Hanna

One word I think that motivates me the most is CRUSH! Its such a hard word that causes you to feel something in the pit of your stomach, making you feel the need to succeed. Or in my case drive the field hockey ball.

9. carly

another word that motivates me is determinate when ever I think of it I remember the determinate song from lemonade mouth (so nerdy right) I dont know why but it gets me pumped

10. katie

For me, the Nike phrase “Just do it” motivates me. it reminds me that if i want to get the ball up the field, i need to take action, and I need to JUST DO IT!
    another phrase that motivates me is ” give now, rest later” because it makes me push myself to my limit, and if i do that then it means i earned my break!(:

11. Hollie

The Nike phrase is what motivates me,”Just do it”, because it reminds that i cant hesitate when i get the ball. I have to sprint my fastest and not slow down.
    Fearless is another word that motivates me because sometimes you just have to take a risk for your team. Because the BH-BL field hockey team isn’t only a team were a family!

12. Boston

These are very funny Yogi Berra (OLD Yankees Catcher) quotes that motivate me because they make no sence.

As a general comment on baseball: “90% of the game is half mental.”
    On why he no longer went to a St. Louis restaurant: “Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.”
    “It ain’t over till it’s over.” In July 1973, when Berra’s Mets trailed the Cubs by 9½ games in the NL East; the Mets rallied to win the division title on the final day of the season.

When giving directions to Joe Garagiola to his New Jersey home he said: “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
    On being the guest of honor at a banquet: “Thank you for making this day necessary.”
    “It’s déjà vu all over again”. Berra explained that this quote originated when he witnessed Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris repeatedly hit back-to-back home runs in the early 1960s.
    “You can observe a lot by watching.”
    “Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t go to yours.”