May 14

On Your Mark, Get Set…..GO!!

BHBL corp chall front On Thursday May 20th, I will take part in the Corporate Challenge, in Albany, NY

We have  30 teachers and staff from the Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake School District running in the 3 1/2 mile race (5K)!!  Our BH-BL  theme is “BH-BL, Be Well”. 

Here are some things I do to get ready to race…..

• I get plenty of rest the night or two 🙂 before the race.
  • I eat carbohydrates  (like pasta) to give more energy to my muscles.
  • I drink lots of fluids to stay hydrated.
  • I start the race off slow and steady.  (Sometimes adrenaline makes me go too fast, too soon)
  • I wear good running sneakers, and comfortable clothes.

Now, here is where I need help!  When I get tired, and my muscles start to get fatigued…I need to stay mentally strong to finish the race.

What would be your inspirational saying to ME during the race, to help me finish strong??!!

Tags: ,

Posted May 14, 2010 by pefairy in category Uncategorized

16 thoughts on “On Your Mark, Get Set…..GO!!

1. pefairy (Post author)

Thanks Alyssa! For this race, you are not allowed to use an iPod!
    So, I will be running without the help of The Black Eyed Peas!! 🙁

2. sydney

i love your blog! i know this has nothing to do with this post but i heard field day was comeing up soon and i was practicing long jump with a tape measure and got 71 inches! thats almost 6 feet. need 1 more inch. i got myself a hard goal but i practice every night. so close. will you train me for the jump and hurtles too.

3. pefairy (Post author)

OF COURSE!! That is the best part about teaching…helping my students achieve the best they can be!!
    Let’s do it!!

4. Kaila

I wish I could go on a three mile race. I think that would be awesome to come in first. You would feel so good when you finished. P.S. I am the first one in Mrs Cotrupi’s class to find out what your doing on Thursday.

5. pefairy (Post author)

HI Mikayla!
    I didn’t “win” but it was a personal best for me.
    I usually start to get sluggish around mile 2…but I this time, I felt GREAT!!

6. nicole panetta

You probably already ran it but just for other times, I would say set a personal goal and pretend the other people around you arent there. Also you could have a special dinner or activity later to look forward to that you want to get to faster.

7. pefairy (Post author)

Hi Nicole,
    When I run in 5K’s, my goal is NOT to get passed at the last 1/2 mile.
    Plus, the best part of my race is when I hear “GO MOM”from my own kids cheering me on. That has been my biggest inspiration!

8. carly g

I’d say “Come on you can do it!” 🙂 Pretend that you’re being chased by someone. It always works for me!!! 😉 😉

9. janaye

Keep going only a little farther. Oh and I liked the shirt you wore with that logo of the spartan head 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

10. pefairy (Post author)

I’ll keep that in mind…I have another race next Sunday. Actually a few teachers from Pashley will be running in it!
    That makes it extra fun.

11. kayla s

i say come on… go go go! My dad has ran in a marathon before. So I know how to cheer him on!

12. pefairy (Post author)

Kayla,
    The best part about my running races are when I hear my three kids cheer me on!
    That always gets me to go faster!!