February 3

Britt Visits Pashley

Today our school celebrated National Girls and Women in Sport Day.
We had an amazing presentation by
All American Field Hockey Player…Elise Britt!
She talked about all the sports she’s played, injuries shes had 🙂 and offered advice for our 5th graders. WOW the hour flew by! Our Pashley students had great questions for her too. Can you believe she is a Red Sox fan over my Yankees!!!!

We all had such a wonderful experience. Girls and Women do play sports and they play them WELL.
BRAVO BRITT!!
Hope you can come back to visit again!

5th Graders…What was something she said today, that made an impact on you??

Posted February 3, 2010 by pefairy in category Uncategorized

16 thoughts on “Britt Visits Pashley

1. Kara

Elise was totally awesome! I cant believe she likes Red Sox over Yankees either! But she’s totally right with Team Jacob! Elise was really cool and I really enjoyed having her as a guest speaker!

2. Kara

I really liked how Elise signed autographs for us. She signed my PE shirt!!!! I was also amazed by her drive and determination. She played even with injuries! Elise was really cool and I loved having her as a guest speaker. Go 19!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Janaye

Elise was really cool for signing all of those autographs for everyone! She was very competitive and i liked that about her. I got her autograph from her book. I hope i get the signed picture of her!!!

4. pefairy (Post author)

I liked when her field hockey team each gave her “19”
    pieces of candy, when she couldn’t play.

5. Mrs. Kamppila

I knew I liked her!! She’s part of RED SOX NATION!!!!!!!!! Field Hockey and baseball! They just go together! 🙂

6. emma taussig

ElIsE RoCkS!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can’t believe she likes the RED SOXS either!!!!!!Well at least the Yankees won the WORLD SEIRES!!!!!I’m not really a Twilight fan.I’m not team Jacob or team Edward.My favorite thing about her is that she had so many injuries and still played!!!!Thats awsome!!!Well not her getting hurt but her not caring thet she had an injury!!!Shes TOUGH!!!!

7. Anna M.

I loved that Elise was so fun! She’s really tough! I loved that she team Jacob! She’s Awesome!!!!

8. sydney

I cant believe that Elise likes the Red Sox more then the Yankees! :0 its a shock.
    She’s a great athlete though! 🙂

9. Tessa

Having Elise Britt come in was awesome! She was so fun and interesting. I can’t believe she had so many injuries! That was a great idea.

10. pefairy (Post author)

Sydney,
    I think that it is great that we all cheer for different teams!!
    It would be pretty boring if we only liked one team.
    Baseball Season is right around the corner!!
    Go Jeter!!!

11. Mrs. Bowker

WOW! I think that is awesome that an All American Field Hockey player came to visit Pashley! I only wish I could have met Elise Britt when she was here! Field Hockey has always been one of my favorite sports to play!!! What a great role model for girls and boys….yes, men play Field Hockey too! :0)

12. Janaye

She was so cool! She is my new hero!!! I hope she comes to the middle school next year so I can see her again!!

13. pefairy (Post author)

Hi Janaye!
    We are hoping that Elise can make a guest coaching appearance at our summer field hockey camp! You signed up, right!!