October 9

Apple Run 5K….lots of GREAT company

• AWESOME 4th & 5th Grade girls… COMPLETING their 1st,  5K Run!
  •   ALL LEVELS… BH-BL Field Hockey Players running (and coaches) 🙂                                                                                                       
  • Some fulfilling their 5K  “bucket list ”  Go Mrs. Kamppila!!
  •  I ran my fastest time…that is called a PR

Best part for me…when one of my field hockey players THOUGHT she had passed me at the end of the race…

GOTCHA CAROLINE!!  🙂

What was the best part of the 2011 Apple Run for you??

Tags: ,

Posted October 9, 2011 by pefairy in category Uncategorized

10 thoughts on “Apple Run 5K….lots of GREAT company

1. Mrs. Kamppila

My favorite part of the 5K race was finishing! I am going to run next year and improve my time! And believe me that shouldn’t be hard!!

2. Chloe

I really wanted to do the Apple Run but I was busy that day!!! Good job Mrs. Ferrie for getting a personal record and good job to the other fifth graders who completed it!!! Three miles is a long distance but when you have motivation it really helps push you through it!!! I can’t wait till next years Apple Run!!!<3

3. mikayla p

My favorite part of the apple run was runnig with my friend it felt great afterwards. I love running.I kept a steddy pase,and said I can DO IT!!!!!!!It was so much fun!!! The 0nly thing im not to happy about was that i didnt get a shirt or a waterbottle or a bag 🙁 RUNNING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Kayla S

My favortite part was…. everything!!! I loved running it and my heal was hurting for the past couple days before and at the race i was totally fine!!! I thought i did really good! for most of the race i was ahead of my mom and then she passed me on the hill. I am deffitly going to run it again and other 1’s too!!!

5. Sadie

I loved the apple run!! It was soo much fun!!! I have to thank Kayla because she really motivated me!!! Thanx Kayla!!!

6. Emma p.

I Loved the apple run and even though I didn’t really run with mrs.ferry, Sadie,Kayla,Hannah, mikayla and mrs.kampilla you all did amazing! I agree with Chloe it is a long distance and it was really hard without any training or anything but we did it and I hope we all do it again next year along with many other 5th graders!!!!

7. pefairy (Post author)

Emma…you did awesome! We have been teaching our 5 th graders lots of strategies when running x-country.
    Keeping a good pace, focusing on breathing, running with someone a little faster and knowing it is just 30 minutes of exercise…just like a PE class!
    Let’s plan to run again next year 🙂

8. MoLlY G.

Bummer..I really wanted to do the Apple run! I forgot about it 🙁 I did do the Charlton 5k 2 years ago , it was great. I bet the Apple run was 2!!!! I was so happy to see all the girls at the Apple run with you Mrs. Ferrie ! I LOV3 THAT PICTURE -ADORABLE ! Normally for exercise I got to the gym 3times a week. Again I’m still so disappointed ! Grrrrrrrr! Can’t believe I forgot the run! Anyway 🙂 I bet it was fun!!!!!