24 thoughts on “Guest 5th Grade Student Bloggers!

1. Jamisen

Mrs. Ferrie!! YOU are best!!!! I will also miss all the awesome things you teach us. I am so sad to leave you!!!!!!!!!!! 🙁 🙁 🙁 I will ALSO miss field day. 🙁

2. Mrs. Fernau

My favorite memory of PE was doing archery! We used bows and arrows and shot at colored targets. Once, I got a bullseye, right in the middle, and I was so very excited about it!!!

3. Mrs. Neander

When I was in 6th grade, President Kennedy decided that all schools should have PE. My friends who went to BH Schools already had it, but I went to a private school and we didn’t. So I guess my favorite memory is that we got to have PE twice a week. It was all fun!

4. Mrs. Safford

My favorite memory of PE was the school’s Field Day each year. I loved being in the back field with all the 4th and 5th classes. I love how everyone cheered for each other no matter what class they are in. I learned life qualities from that day like good sportsmanship, compassion and respect for everyone. I have such fond memories of those days.

5. pefairy (Post author)

Mrs. Fernau,
    I remember doing archery as well! I still like to practice with a bow:-)

6. pefairy (Post author)

Mrs. Safford that was a special memory that I am SURE you share with all of our Pashley Polar Bears.
    Thanks for commenting 🙂

7. Tim Sinnenberg

I went to Pashley Elementary School, and I remember having a square dance unit that I thought was a lot of fun. The culminating activity was an after-school dance where we had a live caller and most of the kids from my grade level attended the function. I also remember working really hard so I could earn the Presidential Physical Fitness Award. I was really proud when I earned the honor. The pull ups were the toughest for me, and I had to practice a lot at home to get six of them!

8. pefairy (Post author)

Hi Mr. Sinnenberg,
    Thanks for commenting on our PE Blog. I remember enjoying square dancing too in PE. I actually would square dance on Friday nights during my summer vacations in Maine. The vacation island was small and it was a big deal to square dance on Friday nights. My Grandfather would be a part of the band playing his saxophone 🙂
    Mrs. Ferrie

9. Mrs. Foster

I have never considered myself to be “athletic” and never really experienced a memorable PE moment until I went to college. We had to do a team building obstacle course. One of the obstacles was for your team to climb over a 10’ wall, and with the help of friends, I got to the top. I was so proud of myself I stayed at the top and helped the other teammates over.

Sometimes you can surprise yourself at what you can do!

10. Mrs. Hyland

My best memory of PE class was when I was in Stevens Elementary and I won the kickball kick during Field Day. My teachers were fabulous too.

11. Mrs. T. Clark

My favorite memories are from High School P.E. , we got to choose which activity we wanted to do. In the winter I always chose Gymnastics. I really loved the uneven bars and learning to do a headspring off the vault!

12. Mrs. Bonacio

My favorite memory in P.E. was playing basketball. I was made fun of for being tall when I was in elementary school. Once I played basketball, my peers realized that being tall was not so bad:) My teacher taught the rest of my class the importance of being kind to each other. I still love playing basketball and keep in touch with my former teacher.

13. mandi l

I will miss you so much Mrs. Ferrie !!!!!!!!My favorite game that we played in P.E. was Dodgeball and sneak attack!!!!

14. Mr. McGrath

My favorite memory was basketball in PE. Our teacher, Mr. Maple, had us playing full court 5 on 5 basketball. For a long time, you could get 1 point for the ball hitting the rim. I had so many points! I pictured that one day I might even be a professional basketball player?? However, one day Mr. Maple Changed the 1-point rule! Suddenly, I wasn’t getting points anymore. Shots that used to help us win were now causing us to lose! So much for my career in the NBA… 🙁 Despite it all, I still remember having a lot of fun in PE.

15. Mattingly O

Loved the time when we were in class. it is so exiting with having friends there.
    To get to know people I wil realy miss you.but having you as my p.e. Teacher
    That is the best thing of all

16. pefairy (Post author)

Mattingly,
    I will miss you too! What an amazing group of 5th grade girls this year. I wish the best to all of you…
    #likeagirl

OX Mrs. Ferrie

17. Carly

I miss u already and I posted something on Instagram about u and our time spent with u time spent with u mrs. Ferrie is never wasted❤️