March 9

A Spinning Success for the YMCA Scholarship Fund

TomHere is one of Saratoga YMCA Spin Instructor’s…Tom!!

Last Friday night, I was “spinning” as fast as I could for Team Tom.  The money we raised,  benefits the YMCA Scholarship Fund.  Getting a great workout AND helping YMCA members was the perfect combination  🙂

Here is a group picture of us before the Spin ChallengeGroup SpinHere is some hard working Girl Power!

girls spincaptain kim

Do you participate in charity events by donating your time or money?

Do you think participating in an “exercise based” charity activity would be fun too?

Tags:

Posted March 9, 2014 by pefairy in category Family Journal, Sportsmanship

19 thoughts on “A Spinning Success for the YMCA Scholarship Fund

1. pefairy (Post author)

As you remember, our PE word of the week was…Competition. I was on Team Tom. I got nervous right before the race. However, I knew that was my body getting ready and preparing to compete. I worked hard and gave it my all! I had teammates cheering me on…making sure I stayed focused. It was fun to be on a team, all working hard to do our best. My friend Kelly and I kept cheering to each other, to make sure our legs were spinning fast 🙂 Thanks Kelly!!
    AND Thanks TOM for having me on your team.

2. Abby H

Nice job Mrs Ferrie keep on going I will have to try that I think my grandma has one.of those .:)

3. Hope

Mrs. Ferrie my grandma has one of those stationary bikes. I sometimes go on it but I don’t go as fast as you do mrs. Ferrie!

4. Kaitlyn

Wow Mrs.Ferrie I will have to try that it looks fun. My 2nd cousin has one so I can use her’s.

5. pefairy (Post author)

Julia,
    I agree….we have control over how hard “we” work in life. I didn’t have control over my team mates or the other team. I was just focusing on my legs spinning fast. I felt really good after the race….hard work pays off!!

6. pefairy (Post author)

Hi Hope and Abby,
    A lot of people have stationary bikes 🙂

These “spin bikes” are special for racing. I can check on my heart rate, my watts and calories burned.

7. pefairy (Post author)

Kaitlyn,
    Thanks for the comment!! #I LOVED being on a team. I was able to work harder and spin faster because of the support and encouragement my team gave me! I have made new friends as well. Sports are awesome!!

8. mya p

great job mrs ferrie you really looked like you were having a lotof fun im so happy you won

9. giovanna t

good job Mrs. Ferrie you can do it I have faith in u because I know u can do it. you are so healthy and in shape and awesome like I really love ya Mrs. Ferrie <3 you are the best P.E teacher in thye whole wide world so that is a awesome thing and next time u go to do ur thing I might be able to go their and cheer u on so u and ur whole team will win and I also will be in the room giving u things because u will win. u are the best Mrs. Ferrie and I love ya <3<3<3

10. pefairy (Post author)

Thanks G! I really love the workout I get from spin class. It was also great being apart of a team 🙂 thanks for the sweet comment !